Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Whole30: Day 5 & 6

Day 5
I'm starting to get behind on my daily posts for Whole30 so I've got a lot to cover today. Yesterday my mom took Ethan so I had several hours to myself. It's great to have a break once in a while and get some items checked off my to do list that I just can't seem to get done with a nosy baby around. For breakfast we had scrambled eggs with ham and tomato. Simple and quick to make and eat. 

For lunch I went with the search the fridge mentality. I found the leftover sweet potato hash, Kalua pork, and 2 fried eggs for breakfast for lunch. 
Lunch: Hash, Kalua pork, & eggs

It was girls night for me so I made a quick dinner before heading out. Back in October I made some frozen meals that I still hadn't used up so that was the perfect option. I defrosted some Jalapeño Chicken Burgers and pan fried them. I served these on a bed of fresh spinach topped with homemade mayo and sautéd onions. Then I made some sweet potato wedges in the oven on 425' for about 22 minutes. We prefer them crispy so I cranked the oven up to broil for the last couple minutes. Make sure to watch them carefully at this point though because they can burn very quickly. Dinner was served in less than 30 minutes!
Dinner: Jalapeño Chicken Burgers & Sweet Potato Wedges
Day 6
Today Ethan and I had a stay at home day catching up on Netflix. I love that we can do this once in a while to recharge our batteries and Ethan can catch up on sleep. For breakfast my husband fried up some bacon and plantains before heading off to work. Once Ethan woke up, I made some scrambled eggs with green onions, avocado, and hot sauce. Some we had a great breakfast of eggs, plantains, and bacon.

Breakfast: Plantains, bacon, & scrambled eggs
Leftovers for lunch are one of the easiest meals to do. What's great is almost every meal I make serves 6-8 people so there's plenty to spare. Today I reheated my homemade pho and enjoyed a huge bowl of it.

Dinner tonight was just Ethan and I. I just didn't feel like making a big grand meal for a one year old so applesauce and stir fry it was. I found some chicken sausage in the freezer that I browned then tossed in red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. We both gobbled it up!
Dinner: Sausage & veggie stir fry with applesauce
I'm still finding that the Whole30 can be way too overthought. My goal of it is to get rid of my addiction of sugar. Fortunately we haven't been eating processed foods for a while so that's not too difficult. I'm really enjoying how easy cooking has been so far. So less,planning for me seems to be the right answer, we will see if that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment