Monday, January 19, 2015

Whole30 Day 18: Next 2 Weeks Menu Planning

I still feel that the Whole30 has been going very well for me. Although my husband isn't doing it as well, he's supportive and not eating chocolate in front of me. I've still curbed the cravings I was having for sugar and avoided it completely. Although this morning I did wake up remembering my dream was all about eating donuts and cake.

I've just sat down and spent about 15 minutes coming up with menu for this coming week. I'm down to less than $100 in our food budget for the rest of the month so I need to utilize the freezer and what's in the fridge all that I can. I also know that I will need to buy milk and probably some more eggs so it's going to be close if I can meet budget this month. One of my tricks is to meal plan to the end of the month to control costs. In order to do this, I have to be strategic that I'm only using items next week that can last. Here's what I'll be cooking!

This Week
Monday- Thai curry with zucchini noodles
Tuesday- Chicken Bacon Alfredo (I didn't make this last week), Chili for tomorrow
Wednesday- Leftover chili, hubby gone
Thursday- Simple Herb Crusted Salmon, collard greens, mashed cauliflower
Friday- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Saturday- Spicy Chicken Tagine from Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
Sunday- Paleo Shepard's Pie from Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: 100+ Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes

Next Week
Monday- Pressure Cooker Mexican Beef If you don't have a pressure cooker, Michelle has an oven version as well. This is the best beef we've ever had!
Tuesday- Fiona's Green Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges (I have the marinade frozen from a double batch last time)
Wednesday- Frozen leftovers (soup), Hubby gone
Thursday- Buffalo Chicken Pasta 
Friday- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup with Sausage (freezer meal)
Saturday- Baked Trout Saratoga *contains wine, Carrot & Parsnip puree, peas

No comments:

Post a Comment